Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Where are the Three Stooges





There is never a dull moment at my house, nor downtime to multi-task. If I had two more arms, I could get a part-time job throwing pizza dough and pouring Cokes.

This weekend was hectic. I am glad that I had three days to work on my Pop Culture project. But it never fails when you are deeply engaged (enraged too) in your project with writing, editing, dropping in videos, cutting them out, putting them back in, cutting them out, putting them in. However, life's funny moments come at a time when you most need them. Although I don't come off as a very "serious" person, I reeeeeeeeeeeeealy work my buns off. I was determined that by 2 pm on Monday, May 31, I was going to be done and that's was that.

Who counted on the heat? Here I am sweating away and writing when my daughter, MJ poked her head in to see if I needed help. Being suspicious, I asked why? What did she want? She begged, "Dad, it's hot up here and especially in my room. Could you help me put my air conditioner in the window. A little annoyed, I said, "Yes." I knew I would have to suck up to her later to help me with a mind-boggling technical issue.

Within a few minutes we put one (of two) air conditioners in the window. Happily, she closed my door and I continued to write. A half hour later MJ appeared again. "Dad, I think we put the wrong air conditioner in the window. Could we change it? I think this one is yours." (How come the one that limps always belongs to you?)

Now really annoyed, I told her give me a half hour and I will help change it out and put the "good" one her window. Unbeknown to me, MJ picked up on my subtle annoyance and closed the door. Independently she decided she'd take it out and put the new one in without bothering to ask me to help.

A few minutes later, I hear BOOM ! Seconds later MJ appears to tell me that the air conditioner is now minus a window. In taking out the air conditioner, the weight shifted on to her wrist. Of course what would you do? LET GO!

Ok, no one was hurt. We put the other air in the window. And I was out another $188. Not a bad way to spend money quickly. It was pretty amusing to hear her tell the story. The air did hit my car on the way down to prove Newton's Law and a slight dent is noticeable over the doorway.

Where are the stooges?

No comments:

Post a Comment